Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Too Sick, Or Not Too Sick...That Is The Question...

Last night I made a new recipe. It's called Pork N Bean Casserole. It was yummy. My pickiest eater wouldn't even touch it. We all thought it was good and I'll even make it again. As Mr. Picky left the table he complained of a major stomach ache to get out of sitting at the table with us. He cried and moaned and complained for quite a while. I was not feeling sorry for him. I was upset he was being such a turkey. Then he said his head hurt. Ricardo felt his forehead and low and behold he was burning up. He laid on the couch for the rest of the evening by my side moaning and miserable. Fast forward to this morning. "Mom, I'm ready to go to school" He was dressed and ready to go. Today they are coloring easter eggs and he didn't want to miss it. Then he threw up. Why did he have to throw up BEFORE school? You can't send a puking child to school and feel good about it. You can send a "he might puke" child to school and not feel guilty though. Now, he is arguing with his brother and complaining that I won't let him go outside. What? It's 10 after 9. He just might end up going to school before he drives me completely crazy. Don't judge.


A few weeks ago we went to the store and Rico saw a policeman. He was telling his friend that his Dad carries a gun all the time and his Mom (meaning me) doesn't know. (Well, I actually don't most of the time.) Then he said. "Mom, Dad drinks Energy Drinks when you aren't around." I called Ricardo immediately to let him know that he was in big trouble. Ricardo said that he had said that over a year ago, so he couldn't be in trouble. He couldn't believe that Rico would remember to tell me NOW and not a year ago.

This past week I was sick with the flu. I got sick on our way home from getting Potato his insulin pump, (which ROCKS by the way). I had a 104 fever, cold chills...the works. I finally feel better today. I'm still a little dizzy when I stand up. I wish I didn't have 5 days worth of Mommy stuff to catch up on.

3 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

"you can´t send a puking child to school and feel good about it"
que bueno!! I have sometimes gone to school early to pick up a lets-say-sick child out of remorse.
Funny uh, seems like mommy-guiltyness is the same all over the world

juli said...

Swine flu found your family, too? Funny how a little vomit and a fever throws everyone into a tizzy!
Everyone has to be over the pukes within the next 2 weeks!

Crystal said...

Ugh! I had strepp last week, I felt so bad for my kids who seem to rotate through it all blasted year! And the pukes are even worse! Hope you are feeling better!