Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Are Children Of God


If you look to the left at the blogs I follow you'll see Sadie Huish. Today this family lost their sweet little six year old daughter to a brain tumor. I've followed their blog since the time she was diagnosed. Today she is in Heaven. I found these lyrics on the comments on their blog. I want to share them with you. I don't know who wrote this, but I thought you might like it.
It's to the tune of "I Am A Child of God".

I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

this stuff just breaks my heart--I can't even imagine what this would be like. The song is so sweet, I know it's a blessing when someone so sick gets called home--but oh! My heart can't take it!

Jill Branch said...

Thanks for sharing. My heart goes out to that family. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives daily and that we know of our Heavenly Fathers plan for families.

Cathryn said...

Goodness, such a sad story. The lyrics of the song are absolutely perfect and so touching. I hope this family finds peace.

On another note, it was great to chat with you the other day! You are just as sweet, happy and friendly as I always remembered you to be. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, it was something that I passed on to a friend, whos baby boy died back in March.