We'd like to introduce the newest member of our family. Daisy Mae. She's 7 weeks old and will live in the backyard as soon as we get her accustomed to her new surroundings and her "brother" Spencer. Spencer is my brother's name and when we first got Spencer he asked us to please change his name. We didn't choose that name, it's the name he came with. It was really funny when the kids started calling the dog Uncle Spencer. But I digress.... So when we were thinking of names I thought Nicole would be appropriate for our new dog. Nicole happens to be my sister in law that is married to Spencer. We laughed about it and then decided that if we wanted them to keep talking to us we'd better not. So Daisy Mae it is....
We blame Ricardos brothers for our new puppy. They both chose puppies from this same litter and A wanted/begged for a puppy too. I am not in the mood for a new puppy and we kept telling her no. Ricardo and I talked about it and decided to just go take a look. Wouldn't you know it Daisy came running over to us. She chewed on the hem of my capris and she untied Ricardo's tennis shoes. It was love at first sight. I guess it's hard for puppies to ignore anyone, but I was hoping that would be the case so that we could leave empty handed. She suggled with me on the drive home.
A couldn't wait to get to the store to get toys and a collar for Daisy. She now has a pink leash and collar. We resisted getting her dog clothes which WERE on clearance. She is tiny now, but she is going to be huge. I'll post some pictures of her as soon as I can get the kids further than one inch away from her. Sidenote: My favorite dog growing up was Daisy. She was my grandparents dog and we'd get to keep her when they went out of town. Then she ended up living with us. She put up with everything. We rode her, tugged on her tail, sat on her. You name it. And she NEVER EVER growled or bit any of us. Let's hope our new Daisy lives up to her name.
We all smell like puppy and we're loving it. Well, at least for now. She slept downstairs with A last night and I didn't hear her whine once. It'll be a different story when she sleeps outside with Spencer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How cute. Can't wait to see some pictures. What's up with your camera taking skills lately. Haven't seen a picture in quite a while. Get snappin'. We need a picture of Spencer too by the way. Happy for all of you, as for us....we'll stick with the bunny for now. He comes to visit for a long weeken and then goes home. That's my kind of pet.
What happened to Brownie???
It's too hard to say Daisy Brownie. So she shortened/changed it to Daisy Mae...
I love it when friends and neighbors get pets! We call it "rent a pet" go play for a while, wash your hands and come home--leaving pet behind, repeat tomorrow! The Uncle Spencer do is hilarious!
I loved this! Kevin and I were laughing so hard about "Uncle Spencer" and you definately had our vote in using "Aunt Nicole." Too funny! Tell Spencer to suck it up, there are a thousand dogs in the world named "Molly" & "Maggie," (grandma's being one), and we've come to grips with it. It's not our fault people give there dogs human names :) Hope you are doing well. We love you all.
Hi my friend,I nominated you for an award, take a look at my blog and see what for! :O)
Post a Comment