Monday, July 20, 2009

Takin' Care of Business...

GIRLS CAMP 2009!

I have had SO MANY people ask me how Girls Camp was. I honestly wasn't sure how I would feel after four days in the wilderness with 40+ women, young and old. And that was just our Ward. There were 331 girls at our Stake Camp. Crazy, I know.

But I TRULY loved and enjoyed every minute. Besides an idle threat to slash my tires....we bonded with the girls. We were truly blessed by a loving Heavenly Father and were able to reach girls I wasn't sure I'd be able to connect with. We laughed so hard. The girls asked crazy questions that we actually answered. The only time I heard any complaining was Saturday morning when I got to the parking lot and the girls were waiting there, waving their arms, flagging me down. They were in my car ready to go as soon as I opened the door. (Yes, I came home each night. Not because I wanted to necessarily :-), but it actually turned out to be a good thing....foodwise and YW wise.) They survived the last night without bathrooms and water.

I am continually trying to follow promptings no matter how small and insignificant that fleeting thought can be...I had the thought to bring a case of water when I left my house Saturday morning and I didn't. It would have brought great relief to those girls who were still waiting for the other Mom's to get there. But I didn't. And I'm trying to learn from that experience.

So now we look forward to next year. Our husbands don't. But we do.....

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I didn't know we were allowed to run for the office but I will if that was the case PS I love the title!!!

juli said...

Girls Camp is such a great experience. I loved doing it as a leader more than when I was a YW. Too bad you didn't get to stay overnight - that is part of the adventure!

Betsy said...

That title about gave me a heart attack! But oh boy - that will rival the milk meltdown in generating laughs! That milk melt down came up the last night of camp again and OH BOY - I coudl NOT stop laughign! I too look forward to camp next year! Thanks for being so great to work with.

BC

Jill Branch said...

You're so brave. Girls Camp....YIKES. I'm glad there are people like you in the world to make up for people like myself. Glad you had fun.

Danielle said...

your checks down at the church if you need it before sunday let me know!