Friday, November 26, 2010
I Am Thankful...
We celebrated Thanksgiving with 29 of our closest family and friends. Everyone had a wonderful time and stayed until 10:30p.m. My brother in law even said...You need to say, "We need to go to bed dear, so these fine folks can go home now.." The food was delicious. I'm so grateful for my sweet husband who worked so hard getting things ready for our guests. He transformed our garage/man cave into an inviting space for our family. He set up tables and cooked the turkey and carrots and onions in the dutch oven. (Ricardo's brother gave us onions and carrots from his garden and they were delicious.) I couldn't have done it all yesterday without him. I prepared the gravy, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole and a carmel apple salad. I should have doubled the carmel apple salad, that went fast.... Others brought homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, green salad, Dixie salad (a family tradition), pies and yummy pumpkin bars. The kids all worked so hard getting ready for our company. Getting our house ready is quite a task. We worked in the house and in the garage/man cave making sure everything was clean and organized. It was a wonderful day full of fun memories and togetherness. I am so thankful...my heart is full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey....you're back. Back to blogging. YEAH !!!! You need to write more often....but then again....it's been a while since I've posted. Oh well.
Sounds like a great time! Dixie salad is a tradition for us too. :)
Post a Comment