Sunday, September 14, 2008

A New Beginning...

New Beginnings...Standards Night...Personal Progress...Mutual...Beehive...Mia Maids.....Laurels
I can't believe that it's been 20 years since I've been in the YW Program. (Yes, it's been 20 since I was a Laurel, don't be mean.) Today I was called to be the 1st Counselor in the YW. This calling means that I will be over the Mia Maids. Today was the day we were sustained and set apart. We were all given beautiful blessings. I'm still in shock. I'm so grateful I'll be working with the YW while A is in this inspired program. When Ricardo and I were called in to meet with the Bishop I prayed that I was going in with him to support him in whatever calling HE was being called to. Ricardo was so supportive. He didn't even use the "safe" word that we'd decided on before the appointment with the Bishop. Ricardo just said....As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Turkey! The Bishop said that this is what I get for being so willing to drive groups of kids to the Temple for baptisms. The next time we are scheduled to go to the Temple is the night that the Twilight movie comes out. I wonder where I'll be.

6 comments:

sorensen formula said...

Congratulations! This will be such a great time in your life. YW can be so fun. How neat that you can be in there with your daughter. It's true about that darn service, it will "get" you every time! Good Luck!

juli said...

You will be a fun leader!
The last time I was in it took me about a year to really connect with the girls and then they released me.
It is probably one of the hardest callings but I think it's one of the most rewarding!

Betsy said...

YOU'LL BE AT THE TEMPLE!! :) Who are you kidding, there will be a midnight movie on Thursday night so you could do that and then go with us on Friday! Perfect!! Cute wall hanging too... where did you find that? Is there a pattern - I want my mom to make me one :)

Danielle said...

Twilight hello? You need to get your priorities straight!!! You fake sick then come with us to twilight. Who needs to got to the temple anyways. J/K Im way excitesd for you, you are going to be awesome at it. I am also very jealous that was my fav calling to be in. So if you ever need help let me know? (Except on Twilight night.)

Jill Branch said...

Hey that's great for you. You'll be an awesome leader. The girls will be lucky to have you as their leader. I'm just dreading the day that I get that call though. Luckily I've got about 6 more years before Kayla is there, then again maybe she wont want me to be in there with her.....naaa....girls are different than boys. I think they generally like to have their moms around. We'll see.

E3YW said...

I just saw Danielle's comment... how funny - obviously I'm signed in under the admin- sorry. I too added my email addresses and the post from yesterday looks great. Thanks SO MUCH for doing it!

BC