Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If I Could Turn Back Time...

This year for Christmas instead of buying each other family gifts on my side of the family we decided to make a family calendar. Several years ago, before digital scrapbooking, we each made pages for a few months, made color copies and then had them spiral bound. I know...it was a LONG time ago. But when we were at my new niece's baby blessing we were talking about favorite gifts we've received and the family calendar was one of the ones we remember with fondness. It was so fun to have pictures of family members and reminder's of birthday so we knew this HAD to be our gift this year.

Luckily we spent a week together this Summer for a Family Reunion so we had MANY pictures to choose from for the calendar. Here are some of my favorites that I used on the calendar. Since I was somehow put in charge of the calendar I took creative license at the expense of my brothers and used whatever pictures I wanted to of them. But for the women in our family, I did what I would hope that others would do unto me....I chose the best pictures possible. Oh, and as I listed our birthdays, I made sure we were ALL celebrating our 29th one. If I am in charge of the calendar next year, I will continue the 29 tradition for the women, and the men will age appropriately. It's my own version of stopping time...

The Latest Niece...
I had so much fun with this sweet little one. She is darling. We bonded. My sister in law called me the baby whisperer. I didn't want to put her down. I was so glad that most of the family members in attendance were sick so I got to hold her a majority of the time. This picture was taken during Sacrament Meeting. (We were being reverent). So fun. I will take nieces and nephews anytime. No more sleep deprivation for me! I will leave that to my sister's in law...

The Whole Family



2 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

Cool new blog layout Herm. Love it!

juli said...

That is such a great picture of your whole family.
The calendar is a great idea. Those become treasures!