On Friday afternoon we had an animal mishap courtesy of C. He accidentally squashed a kitten and we thought he had killed it. Thankfully, it was "only" bruised internally. It was a very scary hour until we got Hazelnut to the Vet. There weren't any Vets available on a Friday afternoon, but a Vet assistant took pity on us and took a look at the kitten. We were at a friends house and I felt TOTALLY responsible for my child's actions. It's scary to offer to pay for vet bills when you have NO IDEA what it might cost. But it was the right thing to do and it only turned out to be a $20 fee, for an overnight stay and observation. What a lucky break... If it would have been more than that we would have taken back all of C's Christmas and Birthday presents. But I'm happy to report that Hazel is doing well and my friendship is still intact. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father answers even the simplest of prayers.
"A" in her Hip Hop Costume
Waiting To Go...
Then Friday evening A had TWO different performances. The first was for her dance class and the second was her school choir. The high school sponsors a Craft Fair every year and they have quite a little racket going. You have to pay to get in and then they have children's groups performing all day for two days and of course you have to take and watch your child's performance, but not only you, but your family and extended family. They RAKE it in. I wish I would have thought of it.
Then on Saturday Ricardo took pity on my Winter Cleaning plight and took the kids for the day to the Ranch so that I could finish my organizing projects in peace. We are having Thanksgiving at our house and now I will not be embarrassed by having items falling out of cupboards as we are preparing dinner.
They went to the Ranch and rode the four wheelers.


1 comment:
SWEET! I've checked your blog like 100 times since your last one, so I was happy to look today and see some new bloggage. How sad/scary about the cat experience. I'm thankful to hear that everything turned out ok, and ESPECIALLY that there was no internal damage done to the friendship as a result. A is growing up to dang fast, looks/sounds like a fun time.
You kids have a happy holiday? Do you know what everyone else is going? Since you're the only one who bloggs, we have to get our info from you these days. ;) SOOOOO grateful someone does it.
Love Ya Vet Bills full and then some!
Post a Comment