Thursday, December 20, 2007

All The Gory Details....

Nice Kitty ?
Here, Kitty Kitty....
That is a dog up in the tree (on the left) with the mountain lion
These dogs are crazy. They are trained to tree mountain lions for the hunters and then they go up in the tree to get 'um.
Now the dog is up higher in the tree than the mountain lion

This kitty was huge. Over 6 feet long.

I'll leave them out. All the gory details that is. One of my clients that I do books for showed these pictures to me of her husband, son and a hunting guide on a mountain lion hunt. There are mountain lions 'round these parts. They are plentiful. But the Wildlife Resource office says that they aren't a menace and they aren't the cause of the deer population decrease. These guys set out to prove them wrong. The pictures I didn't include are pretty graphic and show this mountain lions' fresh "kill"( a deer)buried under the tree below him.
Ricardo ran across a mountain lion last month when he went on a four wheeler ride with his buddies. Well, I should say the lion ran across him. Right in front of him. He was coming down the mountain ahead of everyone. He had to turn around because he was having trouble with the quad. It wouldn't go faster than about 10 miles an hour. Ummm, mountain lions run faster than that. Ricardo said that the mountain lion was more scared of him, than Ricardo was of it. I think he just told me that so I wouldn't freak out.

3 comments:

juli said...

People do this for fun? I do not want to hunt anything that can hunt me back!

Jill Branch said...

I second that last comment. I think i'll just keep staying indoors instead of outdoors.

The Sorensens said...

Cool pictures! The mountain lions are becoming more numerous and a problem. A mountain lion was found on my parent's neighborhood a few years ago. When they get hungry they will come out of the mountains looking for pets and small children. It is good when there are enough deer to keep them from looking elsewhere for food.

A few years ago a lady was killed and half eaten in California by a mountain lion. The irony of it was she was instrumental in stopping the trapping of mountain lions in California which resulted in the increase in population. I just cannot believe that the mountain lion showed it’s gratitude but killing and eating her. How rude!