Last night I went to movie night with the girls. Ricardo came out of the whole deal with a box of bullets and clay pigeons. That's how I was able to attend the second movie in a week with my girlfriends. But, it depends on how you look at it...I'm saving Ricardo the torture of seeing chick flicks. One of the girls we went with lost her Mom right after Thanksgiving. It was miserable for her to sit through this incredibly sad movie. Sure, there were funny parts, but for the most part it was incredibly depressing. It made me want to go home and write letters to my husband and children in case something ever happens to me. Not that that is not a good idea, but we were expecting lots of fun and laughter from the movie trailer, and we just didn't get it AT ALL.
But if you are looking for a great chick flick. August Rush is for you. It's still a tear jerker, only it's good tears with a happy ending. I loved the characters and the story. I wish they would have developed the love story a bit more only because the male lead was so cute. I highly recommend this movie.
2 comments:
The book was great but I've heard the movie sucks. Read the book.
I finally saw August Rush and really enjoyed it!
Not sure if we'll try the other one - maybe on video.
Post a Comment