It's not like I'm sitting around all day doing nothing...

(I really should recycle these cans)
OK...all of us have had these days...you rush out of the house, leaving a "little" mess because you know no one will see it until you have a chance to "spiffy" it up. On days I leave my house like this....(well never this bad), but you know that if it's a little messy it feels this bad-if anyone were to see it. This is how I left my home yesterday. No big deal, it's my only day I work out of the house, and I've been busy....really busy and my house and family are feeling very neglected. I know...but it's tax time and I'm getting everything ready for all of my clients.
We are looking into a computer program that helps you pay off your mortgage faster. I've done tons and tons of research and we are trying to figure out if it's the right decision for us. In the meantime I'm getting all of our ducks in a row in case we decide to go for it. We needed an appraisal, well a drive by appraisal as they call it. No big deal, a few pictures of the outside and they are gone. I was expecting a call in the next few days. But wouldn't you know it....on the ONE day I leave my house in disaray, the appraiser calls Ricardo (not me) at work to set up an appointment. "Sure", says Ricardo...."Come over this afternoon, when my wife isn't home".
I call Ricardo after I've left the house and THAT'S when he tells me about the appraiser guy coming by. I FREAK! "Honey....are you kidding me?" Ricardo says..."What's the big deal?" Oh sheesh. I remind him that if our home is messy it's not a reflection on HIM it' a reflection on ME. He assures me that there is no need to worry. The pictures will be on the outside. Then he call me later and says...."Well, he needed inside pictures too!"
I have 5 bushels of laundry in piles on the downstairs table. I left dishes in the sink. My work junk on the couch in a two foot pile. Potatoes bed is not made because he had wet the bed the previous night. The other boys didn't make their beds, and their Nintendo is all over the floor. LUCKILY I made our bed, but there are piles of work stuff all out because I need access to everything these next few days to get it all done. There are a few dishes in the Kitchen sink, but the floor isn't swept. All of us have had days like this right?
Am I over-reacting?
On A Pefect Day
This is how I usually look....

I usually have it all together...I'm Super Mom.
OK, I'm really not, but I like to think so.
Do You Think The Appraiser Will Let Me Send Him These
"ACTUAL" Pictures of Our Home?
Our Master Suite
Our Gourmet Kitchen


Our Great Room
Well a girl can dream...Can't she?
It's still not fair....
3 comments:
Boy, I'm with you on that one. What was Ricardo thinking. He owes you a big one for letting someone into the house. :)
I had the same experience to a smaller degree this past weekend.
Robert's brother and his wife came to be sealed in the Temple. I spent all Friday cleaning and moping and dusting and picking up the house. All except for my bedroom and bathroom. I ran out of time and steam. Well needless to say....my new sister-in-law who is very prime and proper needed to get dressed for the Temple in my bedroom. Oh yeah and needed to use the bathroom too of course. I just about died. That will be the last time I ever run out of time or steam. My room first from now on.
Oh Yeah....Nice pictures of your home. :) And yes we can all dream once in a while.
Glad to see a new post from you. Good luck with Tax Season.
You need to find one of those count downs to put on your blog that counts down till April 15th.
Love the upgrades you've made!!
All weekend projects?
Post a Comment