Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a Sweet Reunion....


A Prophet of God with a great sense of humor, knowledge of the Gospel, and of everything eternal.... and now a perfect knowlege of everything ..

They just announced on the news that President Hickley has passed away. All I can think of is the wonderful reunion he is having right now with his beloved wife. I can't really be sad. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that life is eternal and families can be together forever. President Hinckley....a great example to us all.
“Under the plan of heaven, the husband and the wife walk side by side as companions, neither one ahead of the other, but a daughter of God and a son of God walking side by side. Let your families be families of love and peace and happiness. Gather your children around you and have your family home evenings, teach your children the ways of the Lord, read to them from the scriptures, and let them come to know the great truths of the eternal gospel as set forth in these words of the Almighty.” ( “Selections from Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley,” Ensign, Mar. 2001, 64.)

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

He will be so missed! He was such a loved man! Love your blog! :)

I have a good life said...

I actually just discovered your blog tonight...you commented on a friend's blog and I liked the comment and followed the link. I am also addicted to blogs..What a great source of support! :) I usually am too busy to do much of it, but I love it when I make the time! :)

Joyismygoal said...

I followed your comment too I so agree

juli said...

Can I have an Amen?
I love that quote, too. He is an amazing example to us all.