
It was time for a break from "cleaning out the freezer" meals. I was watching Good Things Utah the other day and saw them make this super easy recipe. Easy Egg Foo Young. And yes, it's EASY. I"ve never made Chinese food at home for us. We love eating Chinese food. It's usually too intimidating. Not now. The only tweak we made to the recipe is we added a little brown sugar to the sauce. We told the littler kids they were Crabby Patties (ala Sponge Bob Square, you know the rest). The older kids loved these, the little kids not so much. For 2/3rds of our family it was a keeper. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients:
1 pkg Rice-A-Roni “Fried Rice”
1 pkg Rice-A-Roni “Fried Rice”
6 eggs
1 T. soy sauce
½ t. saltdash of pepper.
1 (16 oz.) can bean sprouts, drained
¼ cup sliced green onion
Preparation:
Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. Beat eggs with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked Rice-A-Roni, sprouts and onion. Drop mixture by ½ cupfuls onto greased pan or griddle. Brown on each side.
Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. Beat eggs with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked Rice-A-Roni, sprouts and onion. Drop mixture by ½ cupfuls onto greased pan or griddle. Brown on each side.
To make sauce, combine in pan:
2 T. Corn Starch
1/3 C. Soy Sauce
1 1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Brown Sugar (We added a little brown sugar to taste...)
Cook until thick.
Serve over Egg Foo Young
Oh, and as soon as I get the camera back out I'll take a picture of Rico's broken arm. Yes, he's broken the same arm, almost the same place, but two years later. He promised the Doctor he would keep the cast on his arm this time and not take it off to "show" anyone. It's been on almost a week and he's discovered how to use it as a weapon. His poor (they deserve most of it) older brothers. Oh, and we bought the coolest outdoor playset for the kids. I'll take pictures of that too. We've been busy lately and I've been neglectful. Oh, and I substituted for the Gospel Doctrine teacher this past Sunday. I'll let you know how that went too...NEVER want to experience that again in this life.
4 comments:
Well, I can totally remember some young hermana who had the most amazing gift on searching the scriptures. Sure you make a wonderful gospel doctrine teacher!
Okay what's the story with the broken arm? Do tell.....
At least you gave it a try to do Chinese Food. I used to and then gave up when we discovered Panda Express. Orange chicken rules this house. We all love it.
As far as Gospel Doctrine teacher.....good for you. I'd run quickly the other way. I'm suppoed to give the lesson in Relief Society the first sunday in May, however I'm under the impression that our RS Pres is soon (and I hope really soon) to be released, so I'm putting it off in hopes of being released before May. I'm wondering who's going to win that battle. Me or the Lord. They'll probably release us all the week after I have to do my lesson. Any suggestions on a topic?
Gospel Doctrine?? I couldn't do it - you are a better woman than I!
I'll have to try the recipe. Most of us like Chinese - Kadi is our exception but that's too bad.
hey! you have been blogging for years! you'll have to give me advice how fun to connect with you this way!
we need to get our kids together, let's do a cook out soon!
Ginger
Post a Comment