Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy 88th Birthday Grandpa!!!


Yesterday was my grandfather's 88th Birthday. He celebrated his special day with his children by his side. My great aunt and uncle drove down from Canada to be there too. I had the opportunity to talk to him yesterday. What a special conversation. I will always treasure my relationship with Grandpa. He was in such great spirits yesterday it's hard to believe that he is in Hospice. The doctors and nurses weren't sure he'd be here to celebrate this special day. And from our conversation yesterday he didn't sound like he's ready to go anywhere. It will be a very sad day when Grandpa passes away. But it will be a wonderful day for those who are waiting for him on the other side. I love you Grandpa.

2 comments:

juli said...

That is a wonderful picture of you two. I am glad that they all had such a nice visit and time to relax and enjoy each other.

junglemama said...

What a nice tribute.