A and I headed down south for the baby blessing of my newest niece. We left on Friday and came home last night. It was the first of two family reunions that we'll be attending within a week of each other. This one was a baby blessing the one next weekend is the funeral of my Grandfather.
Yitz didn't want to put the baby down...Then she asked for a sister, Sorry we're not taking any more orders. This baby shop is CLOSED for business.
We arrived in Vegas Friday night without any trouble. I LOVE driving in traffic. NOT! I did get awesome directions from my brother that saved alot of trouble and aggravation. They had driven the wrong way to the hotel the previous night so it was very nice of him to give me better directions than he had been given. I was actually suprised that he DIDN'T send me on a wild goose chase.
S singin' her heart out...Don'tcha think?
D...ddddDancin'Since we weren't able to spend Mother's Day with Mom as we had originally planned we decided to give her her long awaited present while we were all together. Mom and Dad had purchased a Wii game and we all thought a new game would be the perfect gift, for her. Well, and we would benefit from it also by being able to play together. We decided Boogie was a perfect mix of our wonderful "skillz". We can sing and dance...well, mainly sing...not so much dance. We had a blast singing along and the kids danced their behinds off. We played it non stop. There were a few songs that the kids knew and were able to perform, but after listening to Walkin' On Sunshine and Don't Cha ( yes, by the P Cat Dolls) we were ready for something a little different.
The next game purchased was American Idol. What a blast! We challenged each other, sang duets and we were judged by Simon, Paula and Randy. Dawg! The best "performance" of the evening was Dad and Bri singing Copacabana. Dad was the background and Bri was the lead. It was absolutely dreadful. Dad chose one note and held it the entire time and little did we know Bri is great at singing Soprano. I wish we had it on video, because it would win a funniest videos competition. Bri and I ended up singing Black Velvet and tied. Spence and Care tied on their song as well ( I can't remember what it was called). We must have been equally matched.
Here we are Leavin' Las Vegas. Our weekend was so much fun. Fun memories and Fun times. All together.
.
3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! And I love A's short hair.
We are so excited to see everyone soon!
that wii thing sounds pretty fun, my kids are dying to have one.
Vegas? I thougth your family lived in Texas...Well, I must have mixed memories :-}
Sorry about the loss of your Grandfather. It's such a comfot to know of the sweet reunions of the other side. Looks like you had a great time in Vegas. It's really not too far from you is it? I remember driving to your wedding and it didn't seem that far once we got to Vegas. One of these days we've got to plan a meet and greet somewhere :)
Post a Comment