
Today is A's 12th Birthday. She officially turned twelve at 34 minutes past midnight. She wanted to stay up last night to celebrate. We were exhausted and she konked out about 10:30, but she was up bright and early to open her presents. Last night she and I went shopping for a new Sunday dress. We ended up finding FOUR darling dresses for her, as well as two pairs of shoes, three bras, three shirts and two swimsuits. All for a grand total of $48. We were able to find most items at a superstore on clearance, but the rest were from a second hand store. You really have to weed through a lot of junk, but for the most part you can find brand name items with tags even on sometimes. It is a great way to save money when you have four children. I wish I would have learned this "trick" 12 years ago. Now she is set for four weeks worth of Church. She just CAN'T go to YW in a dress she wore to Primary!
We are so proud of our little Yitzyn. She is such a sweet and wonderful daughter. She's loving, kind, friendly, dependable and tender hearted. In fact right now she has on one of her new dresses, her new shoes and is carrying around her Scriptures. Cracks me up! Her brothers gave her a CD with songs from YW, and a new scripture carrying case. She is ready for tomorrow that is for sure. But are we?
2 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday!
What an exciting and sad day! Sad because she's your only girl and each milestone is a one time deal. -I'm in the same boat as well!
Welcome to the world of pre-teen. I'm finding out with Kyle that there's so much I still don't know. This is a big year of changes ahead. I'm not looking forward to junior high next school year. I can't have a kid that old....we can't have children that old. Cryin' out loud....I remember being in JR. high. AHHHHH!
Post a Comment