Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's Hip...

This afternoon Ricardo and I attended Potatoes Kindergarten program. It was wonderful. His teacher is in our ward and she also taught B a few years ago. He has been practicing the songs they sang today for weeks. This video is a little clip, but you'll get the idea. He did a great job.

THE VIDEO WON'T LOAD....

I got really emotional as the teacher showed us all a slide presentation of their school year. There were several mothers who came up to me afterward and asked if he was my first or last child to go to Kindergarten because I couldn't stop crying. I just told them that I was having a rough day. I didn't explain to them that for the past several weeks I've been waiting for daily phone calls updating me about my Grandfather. Hospice has called the family to let them know that he probably won't live more than a day or two. It's breaking my heart. I'm so grateful for the Gospel. I know we are an eternal family, but this is still hard.

2 comments:

juli said...

I can't imagine losing a loved one and believing that was the end of everything.
It is hard enough to lose someone for a little while let alone think that we will never be together again.

Jill Branch said...

Kayla just had her program as well.....Did B sing the Hippopotamus song? Is that what the HIP is about? Anyway, how fun that we're both in the same stages of children. One going to 7th grade and one off to 1st. Time is flying by too fast.