Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two Very Different Reunions

This afternoon Grandpa passed away. I have such mixed emotions. I'm very sad because I can't just call him on the phone and tell him how much I love him. We won't be able to have another girl cousin and great granddaughter weekend with Grandpa. We took our girls a year and 1/2 ago and spent the weekend with Grandpa. There were eight of us total. During the weekend he'd recount all of us and name us off one by one. Then later in the day he'd do it again. I hope it was because we were all so good and he couldn't believe there were that many of us and it didn't seem like it. We had a wonderful time and we made some wonderful memories.

Right now, Grandpa is having a wonderful reunion with his eternal companion and all of our ancestors. What a wonderful blessing. What a wonderful testimony to our own eternal relationships. Until we meet again.

We are having a reunion of another kind this weekend. We are going to a baby blessing. We will be able to spend time together as a family and share memories of Grandpa.

2 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

Mis condolencias Wendy.
Sé cuánto duele y el conocimiento puede mitigar la ansiedad pero no la pena.
Un enorme abrazo!!!!

I have a good life said...

How sad for the family that misses him. How happy for him that is gone to a much happier place. Sounds like he was a great man and that you are blessed.