Swimming Suits for the 2008 Summer Season
There are just a few things in my lifetime that I never thought I'd see. Pigs Flying, Someone's Face Really Freezing Like That, and P*lygamists at the swimming pool.
Tonight we went swimming for FHE. About 15 minutes before the university pool closed, two girls and a young man entered the pool area. The girls were dressed in dresses, but didn't have shoes on. The young man was dressed in a jogging suit with black tennis shoes. They went to the deep end of the pool and jumped in. YES! Jumped in. They were having a ball. Jumping off the diving board, pushing each other in. It was your NOT SO typical scene from a first date. They would get out of the pool, wring out their dress or jogging suit and jump back in. I was so disappointed that I didn't have my camera with me. I don't see how they were able to swim with all those clothes on. The girls would lift up their dresses, just a bit to stop them from clinging to their bodies. I even saw their knees and ankles. I did a photo search for p*lygamists in swimsuit and guess what!!! NO RESULTS WERE FOUND. I could have sold those pictures for alot of money. Dangit. Missed opportunity.
It was pretty funny because I spotted them first and was trying to get my husbands attention to point them out. They weren't hard to miss, but he was busy swimming with four children hanging on him. The look on his face when he first noticed them was priceless. You couldn't look away. The entire picture didn't fit, and you couldn't help but stare. (What a great family home evening teaching opportunity.) When the pool closed at 7, they hopped out and didn't even use towels. I wanted to follow them into the locker room, but I didn't dare. But all the way home I kept looking out the window for pigs in the air. Didn't see any. Not today anyways. There's always next Monday night at the pool.

3 comments:
Especially right now, you could have made some bucks selling those pics!
That would have been very interesting to watch. And a good lesson to your kids about following your beliefs even if other people think you're strange.
you should have called me, I always have my camera at the ready! that is so funny!
I was laughing so hard when I read this thats hilarious. I can just picture it I would have paid good money to see that. It really deosn't surprise me though.
Post a Comment