Monday, June 16, 2008

GIRLFEST 3!


This past weekend was our annual Girls Weekend. We had a blast. After many, many changes we finally set the date and actually went this time. We saw a movie, swam, ate and ate and shopped and shopped. Then we ate and shopped some more. Pictures to come. We left all the picture taking duties to my cousin. (She's the youngest of the three of us, so we were able to boss her around.) There were nine of us total. Three adults and 6 girls ranging in age from 5 to 12. Everyone got along great. There were only a few "moments", but they were quickly resolved. We started this annual Girlfest in honor of our Aunt Janine who passed away two years ago. Janine loved to have fun and since she only had three boys, she really enjoyed getting together with her nieces for eating and shopping and genuinely fun girl times. We have so many fun memories of time spent with her and it really means alot to us that our girls know and love each other and continue the legacy that was left for us. Like every year we come away with "quotes" of the weekend that we spent together. This year was no different. But this year it turned out to be several lines from Kung Fu Panda. Jack Black did not disappoint.



"We do not wash our pits in the sacred pool of tears."



"There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness."


We didn't say this one to the girls, but after all the eating we did this weekend I included this one
"It is said that the Dragon Warrior can go for months without eating, surviving on the dew of a single ginko leaf and the energy of the universe. "

"Then I guess my body doesn't know I'm the Dragon Warrior yet. It's gonna take a lot more than dew, and, uh, universe juice. "

3 comments:

juli said...

I love that last one. I'll have to work on learning it!
I didn't realize I was being bossed around! I guess next year we'll have to bring an even younger cousin to do our bidding. Though soon our kids will be able to do those things.
On to next years' plans!

Our Family said...

That is because we are bossing master's. You didn't even realize the skills we were using to get you to do our bidding.

Jill Branch said...

The kids and I just went to see that movie. It was a blast. I agree with the very last sentiment. Glad to see you had a wonderful time with the Girls. It's nice to have such fun memories.