Friday, June 20, 2008

Back In The Day...

Wednesday night I was asked to drive a group of YW/YM to the temple for baptisms. I was thrilled to be asked because it was A's first time to go. I so wanted to be there and I was blessed with the opportunity. It took me right back to the first time I was old enough to do baptisms. It happened to be 26 years ago. SCARY! Back in the day the nearest temple was Mesa Arizona. That meant a 24 hour bus trip to attend. It just so happened that Grandpa and Grandma flew me and my cousin out to Phoenix for a fantastic trip. They arranged for us to go to the temple while we were there. I remember being really nervous. But once we got inside all the nervousness was gone.

We had a really good turnout for A's group. There were about 15 girls and about 20 boys. The temple worker kept commenting on what a great group we had. I would have to agree. The kids were really good. One of the other Mom's who drove ended up writing down the names of all the men and women that the kids were baptized for. So A has a list. A loved every minute. She can't wait to go again. I'm so grateful to have been there for this neat experience. It won't be too long until she'll be going through for either a mission or to get married.

The YW advisor that went was 12 when I got home from my mission. Yes, I'm that old. And that made me feel even more old. We had a good laugh/cry about it. All in all it was a day to remember. I know A won't ever forget it. And neither will I.

3 comments:

juli said...

Cute new site!
Sounds like it was a wonderful trip with A. It will be Kadi's turn NEXT year - I can hardly believe it.

Jill Branch said...

This is a very cute new page. I'm trying to come up with a new one for my new "business venture" that I'm going to try out. My sister has talked me into trying it. It's Photo wedding announcements. We'll see if it gets off the ground. Glad to see that A had a good time doing Baptisms. Kyle also went this year....however there were so many youth there from other stakes that our kids were only able to do confirmations, no baptisms. I think we're going to take Kyle back next week just on our own to do some actual baptisms.

Jill Branch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.