Friday, September 05, 2008

Dear Tooth Fairy...


Please stop here!


Last week Potato lost two teeth at school. He was so excited and brought them home and immediately put them under his pillow. He couldn't wait for the $2 he was about to score from the tooth fairy. Why our children think that their teeth are worth $1 a piece is beyond me. I remember getting a quarter most of the time. I think I got $10 for my wisdom teeth. I guess we can blame inflation. Babysitting hourly rates and tooth fairy exchanges have gone out of control.


Fast forward to the next morning. Potato came out of his room whining that the tooth fairy hadn't come. Dangit! We told him that sometimes the TF has a busy night and can't get to everyone but will for sure come tonight. Potato put his teeth back under his pillow and left for school. After school he and his cousin went into his room to check on the teeth. I heard a happy squeal come from his room and he ran out with 4 quarters that the tooth fairy had left for him....WHILE HE WAS AT SCHOOL! What are the odds? Then my nephew said..."That's happened at our house too! The tooth fairy didn't come in the night and then after we ate breakfast we went back downstairs to make out beds and the tooth fairy had been there while we were eating! Can you believe it?" Yes, Kev....I can believe it. If you don't believe the tooth fairy won't come anymore. So keep believing. I do.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah the tooth fairy does the same thing at our house. During breakfast she has had to show up before I hate it when that happens!! I love the are you in a good mood email too send that to me.

Jill Branch said...

Yes, I'm still alive. I've actually had to write a letter to the tooth fairy one time on behalf of one of our children after the tooth fairy forgot to come for 2, yes count them, 2 consecutive nights. What nerve some tooth fairy's have.