Friday, October 19, 2007

NOT My Favorite Holiday


This picture says it all. It used to be that one costume was enough. I remember the costumes with the plastic masks. They had teeny tiny mouth and nose holes and you couldn't breathe. The costume was plastic that tied in the back and only lasted that night, if you were lucky and really careful. Today we have The Disney Store. Dangit. My cousin sent me the link for $5 shipping and we went shopping online for MORE costumes. (The little boys already have their costumes) They really did have great deals. The kids are thrilled. C was so funny when we were ordering his Power Ranger costume. He started heading out the door so I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm checking the mailbox to see if our costumes are here." HELLO! This generation knows NOTHING about having to WAIT for anything. Everything is instant. I really think that if we would have had TV watching ability in our cars when we were growing up we would have gone on a lot more vacations. Not that we didn't go on any, we had great vacations. But I guess we wouldn't have the memories of all the song singing and Dad quotes that we love to revisit when we come home for a visit. IE...Calling your brother "Homey" (as in friend) and having Dad say...."Don't you ever call your brother that!". Homey/Homo=not the same. So as we quickly approach this wonderfully expensive holiday we don't have any $$ left in the budget for candy. Sorry neighbor kids....we'll be trick or treating in Grandma's neighborhood.

2 comments:

Jill Branch said...

That is an adorable picture. Anyone I know? Ha Ha. Thought the picture was really funny. Is this in your yard?

juli said...

I think you should use the picture for Christmas cards. At least I would laugh!
And if I am the guilty cousin - I would apologize but how can you be expected to pass up some of those deals?? It's an investment!