Monday, March 03, 2008

The Same...But Different

This is what I'm trying to match...These are Grandma's goblets...There are only three left in my collection. They are a collectors item wouldn't you know it. Expensive. I'll have to buy them one by one to get a set of twelve. It would probably take me twelve years to find that many.

This is what I've settled for after trying to find cobalt blue goblets.
I think they'll do the job quite nicely.
I've been looking high and low for goblets that match my china. These are to replace the ones that have been broken by those who shall remain nameless. I will now have a set of twelve perfect glasses. They aren't vintage....but they were a great deal and they are the closest match I've found. They are only $4 each compared to $16 a piece that I found elsewhere and they weren't this nice, in fact they were very ugly, and not as deep of a blue. Happy Birthday To Me!


3 comments:

juli said...

Love the glasses - now for that invitation to dinner served on your beautiful table settings...

Chris and Bruce said...

Wendy,

My brother and sister-in-law in Virgina have collected depression glassware and many colored glassware items for 20+ years. They know many other collectors, and are familiar with many patterns and a wide range of sources. I'll have him check out this out for you.

Chris and Bruce said...

Wendy, Here is some info my sis-in-law sent that may be helpful to identifying the goblet:

"I also looked up that blue goblet but couldn't find anything like it in any ofour books. If your niece wants, she can contact Debbie & Randy Coe, authorsof "Elegant Glass, Early, Depression, and Beyond" (2nd Edition ~ 2004). Their address is: Coe's Mercantile; P. O. Box 173; Hillsboro, OR 97123. Enclose a
stamped, self-addressed envelope, for a reply. Their website is:
http://www.coesmercantile.com/ Their email address is: Elegantglass@aol.com.
They ask that the picture not be included as they will not be opened.