Last night Ricardo and I went to the Stake Center for our interviews. I was lucky enough to get the Stake President. He asked me to tell him more about myself and family before he asked the questions. He is so personable and I told him that I thought he did a great job in the video dancing. He said..."Oh, great. That's making it's way around the Stake now isn't it." I told him..."Oh, not just the Stake...the WORLD!" He said if I thought that was good, we needed to come to the Stake Valentine's Dance because he has been taking Disco lessons. Can't wait, President.
We got home and I finished up the dishes. (The kids were finishing their movie they started and were getting ready for bed.) I always take off my wedding ring while I wash the dishes, wash my hands, go to bed, you get the idea. So as the kids were all refusing to go to bed I realized I hadn't put my ring back on after I finished the dishes. I went back to the sink, no ring. I checked my pockets, no ring. I looked on the dresser in our room, no ring. I got the garbage that I threw out after the dishes and went through every piece of garbage, no ring. I searched our bedroom, no ring. I was freakin' out a little bit...well alot. I had all the kids looking and Ricardo too! We even offered reward money. The kids gave up after a while. As I had been searching I was saying a prayer in my heart, but not a stop what you are doing and pray, prayer. I decided that was completely necessary in this case. It wasn't two minutes after my prayer that I went back into the bedroom, turned on the light and my ring was RIGHT there on the floor. My prayer was answered. Both Ricardo and I had just been in there and hadn't seen it. It couldn't have been there before. I am so very grateful.
That instant answer took me back to my mission. We were in the MTC and as missionaries you do not have extra money. We were getting ready to leave for Spain and I had purchased a HUGE bottle of good shampoo. (For some reason we were told it would be hard to get feminine supplies when we got to Spain, so we'd better stock up. When we got to Spain we realized we were in Europe,not in a third world country and had everything we needed available to us.) Back to the story.....when I realized that my shampoo was missing I asked my companion if we could say a quick prayer to find my shampoo. I love my companion she is one of my dearest friends. But as I was offering the prayer she couldn't help but giggle all through the prayer. It was sort of silly I guess. But this was important to me. I finished the prayer, we left our room, and another missionary was walking down the hall with my bottle of shampoo in her hand. She was looking for whoever had lost it, because she knew it was expensive. You should have seen the look on my companions face. It was priceless. And she then told me that she'd just learned a very important lesson. So had I.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thanks for sharing this! The ring story made me feel sick--I'm so glad you found it (with a little help;)
It's the simple things in life sometimes that make us stop and give thanks for all that we have been blessed with!
A great story - thanks for posting it!
I love it when your kids get to witness something like that. Priceless.
Saying a prayer when we lose something is the first lesson I can recall learning in primary... and it's stuck with me ever since. I alwasys love hearing similar stories... Remind me to tell you one next time I see you - it's too long to write.
xoxo BC
Post a Comment