Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tag Team Stomach Flu...

For the past 5 days we've had the stomach flu at our house. First poor B, then on Monday I picked up Rico at Preschool and he looked green. Seriously green. Oh great, not again! We got home and he acted fine so I ran into town to do some errands. I wasn't gone 10 minutes when A called me to let me know Rico was throwing up everywhere. I told her I'd be right home. I called Ricardo and he said he was almost home and would get there before I could. As I walked in the door he was mopping the front room. He said as soon as he walked in the door C walked over to him and hurled three times all over the family room floor. So C & D traded off throwing up every 15 minutes for the next 7 hours. By the time we went to bed I wasn't feeling so well. I thought it was just "sickness by association". No such luck. I was sicker than I ever was while I was pregnant. (I only threw up one time with each pregnancy) I kept poor B home from school so he could help me. C&D were better but I didn't dare send them to school as much as I wanted to...I didn't even get on the computer yesterday which tells you how ill I was. This morning I feel 1000 times better. I wonder who's next? Ricardo reminded me the last time we had the flu at our house it was three of our kids at once. (I must have blocked that out.) I hope and pray this never ever ever happens again.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

yuck--I went to pick up my youngest this morning to find he had slept in his own puke all night :) good times--here we go...the stomach flu sucks, bad.

I'm guessing you are "our family"? It sounded like you anyway! I am so glad you are feeling better I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eye's praying the rest of my family skates right on by this flu bug.

juli said...

I am sending quick recovery vibes your way.