Almost all of our Young Women will be attending the YW Broadcast in Salt Lake on Saturday. We received tickets over a month ago because our YW President had the forethought to request them. The girls are so excited and I must say, so am I. I have never attended a broadcast from Salt Lake. I remember going to hear conference on an Easter Sunday when I was little. We went to Temple Square and after Conference was over I was able to look in the Tabernacle and see the prophet. At that time it was Spencer W Kimball. Yes I'm OLD!
In fact yesterday I was bringing Rico and his 2nd best friend Calvino home from Preschool. They were waiting in front of the door as it was locked. I ALWAYS lock our doors. (Hello, I grew up in a big city!) Rico told Calvino that we locked the door because bank robbers broke into our house once and took all of our money. I told Rico that he was telling a story. Calvino then told me that "Old people don't remember things....and you are an old person." Out of the mouths of babes. So I bonked him on the noggin and told him "I am NOT old". But when you argue with a 5 year old they usually win. Or I usually give up and let them THINK they've won. As I related this story to my sweet husband at the dinner table he laughed. Yes, he is younger than I am. YES, I will ALWAYS be older than he is. I guess I'm a little sensitive to this issue.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I like the name Calvino I think it fits him! And that story makes me laugh cuz I can picture the whole thing happening:)
wave to the camera! I'll be watching you from Spain!!!
Maybe they'll let me bring in a huge sign that says HOLA HERMANA ALEPUZ! Ya think?
LOL or just wear a t-shirt that says ¡TOMA FETCHER!
jajaja
I miss you Hermana! You're the best! I'll try to get a shirt made today. :-) Toma Fetcher....
I LOVE Calvino stories, I tried to call his Mom while I was laughing my but off, but a lass she wasn't home...sigh. Who is the 1st best friend?
Calvino told his big bro that my Karly was his x-girlfriend! LOL!
Thanks for the compliment - love ya, and see you in SLC!!
Calvino's first best friend is Gabe.
I was thinking more of Girls Camp or Youth Conference related goals - but thanks for the IDEA! My mind is also totally formulating YW In excellence with a "return to virtue!" I'm way excited about what ideas are dancing around! xoxo
you think you're old?!? you look like you're 34 or something!
Oh Kadi - you put a 3 where a 2 goes!
Maybe since you are so old now, you could forget things like having little friends over or maybe making dinner. Bet he wouldn't keep calling you old!
Post a Comment