We went to see Santa last night. He comes to our bank every year and we take that opportunity to visit with him....he's great with the kids and spends time with them.
The reindeer joke was one he told last night.
Then after the visit with Santa, A and I went to her annual dance recital. After many many mishaps and "situations", which we didn't find out about until afterwards, the show went on.
A did a great job. They did a kick routine and it's gotten better and better each time I see it. When it was finally over we went out to dinner at 9p.m.
After that we had to purchase treats for A's class Christmas Party at school. Their teacher had the children in the class plan the party....on their own. On Wednesday she came home and told me she needed treats for the party for 30 people. Sure, I can do that. The only thing is that all treats brought to school MUST be store bought. Big Pain. Then as she and I were talking I found out that SHE was the ONLY one bringing the treats for her class. That she was assigned the food, and they hadn't thought to assign more than one person. Yes, one boy was bringing the drinks....lucky him. 5th Graders are not wise enough to plan a party without supervision in my humble opinion. So I'm a scrooge. A will never offer to be the only one bringing food again. Off she went this morning with her expensive bags of food to feed her class. Am I overreacting? I'm still ticked.
I'll try to post pictures later. They won't upload right now, and I have to go up to the Church to decorate for the Ward Party tonight. I'm in a bad mood. Merry Christmas! Here's a cute story, so I'm not complaining on this entire post.
There was the little boy who approached Santa in a department store with a long list of requests. He wanted a bicycle and a sled, a chemical set, a cowboy suit, a set of trains, a baseball glove and roller skates."That's a pretty long list," Santa said sternly. "I'll have to check in my book and see if you were a good boy.""No, no," the youngster said quickly. "Never Mind checking. I'll just take the roller skates."
1 comment:
Sounds like a busy, festive time you're having. I feel sad that you were not in a very happy mood. If I was there, I'd come and kidnap you and take you out for lunch and make ya laugh.
Hope today is better for ya.
Love Ya Dozens!!!
Post a Comment