Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Monkeyin' Around

Rico told us he's a "talking monkey"

A few more pounds on him and he'd be a stuck Potato

These two little ones made it through safely

No Problem Uncle Yo couldn't fit though

And there was no chance Grandpa was going to make it...

Rock Climbing Wall

We sent the boys down South to go hiking. Then sis and I met up with them later in the afternoon for fun at the park. It was a brand new park and now our new favorite. The kids have been stir crazy because the weather is so cold in our town. It was funny when the sun went down all the locals gathered up their kids and headed home. It didn't phase us at all. It was short sleeve weather for us. We stayed until everyone was too hungry to last another minute. I got some cute footage on video. Including me falling off of a three foot stem wall while taping Rico cross the monkey bars. Have you ever fallen in slow motion? It was a surreal experience. I had time to set down the camera and somehow ended up on the ground, flat on my back, but not hurt at all. No bruises or soreness or anything. My guardian angel must be really strong or there must be more than one. Because I was definately protected. Ricardo came running when he saw me fall backward. He thought for sure I'd be bleeding or have a serious head injury. He was really surprised that I was just fine and laughing at myself for my gracefullness.

3 comments:

juli said...

Looks like a fun park. It was a beautiful day here, too!

Jill Branch said...

That's nice....I just wrote a response to you and published it and it didn't go anywhere. I guess I forgot to login and then I shut down before checking to see if it published. SO.............here it goes again.

I'm glad that you're not hurt falling off that wall, but I can still hear your laugh in my mind. If there's going to be a repeat performance, we'd love to come be in the audience. :). Make sure you stay off any walls higher than 3 foot. Next time the results might not be so great.
I fell down in my kitchen chasing Kayla one day and chipped 3 teeth. That was fun:( NOT

Jill Branch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.