Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

Oh, please live a long life little goldfish...We'll even take you with us to the Happiest Place On Earth. Here is some info I found about our little friends. I'm afraid this could be a LONG competition. I mean...science experiment.
Goldfish can live a long and healthy life if cared for properly. Feeder goldfish have been known to be purchased from petstores to begin the bacteria process for a newly setup tank; however, they survive and grow to be nice looking fish. I have seen many feeders turn into some of the nicest, longest living goldfish yet. Fact: The oldest living Goldfish to date was a goldfish named Tish owned by Hilda and Gordon Hand of Thirsk, N. Yorkshire, England. Tish lived for 43 years after being won at a fairground in 1956. Goldfish can have lifespans up to 20+ years if they are fed a varied diet and housed in exceptional water conditions. They need to be in tanks that are not overcrowded. They need sufficient swimming room and do best if they are kept with their own types.

OH NO! 20+ Years?

Here are a few comments from avid goldfish lovers:

I bought my daughter two goldfish for her 7th birthday. One died after a few years but "Mr. Stinky" is still going strong at 7+ years old. I told my daughter if Mr. Stinky is still alive when she leaves home, he's going with her! Although, who knows, he's my buddy, I may not want her to take him! Jane, Vernon, CT

Just been reading through your page on ages of Goldfish and wanted to let you know that I have a Goldfish, Jaws who is nearly 14 years old. We bought him when I was 10 and I am now nearly 24! I have moved out of home now but he still lives with my parents. He is not quite as active as he used to be and likes to spend a lot of time ‘napping’ at the bottom of the tank, but is still quite healthy and perks up when it comes to feeding time. He has outlived several other goldfish. Over the years he has lost his Gold colouring and is now silvery white. Lucy Culverhouse Bristol, England

My brother Tommy had won a goldfish when he was 4 years old at a fair in 1997. From there we took it home and my mom took care of it. It is 2006 and our goldfish, which we had named ping-pong is still here. My brother is 13 now and the goldfish is 9 years of age going on 10.


What I really think is that those parents have spent ALOT of money replacing those fish over the years...

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

If you think I could possibly make these goldfish stories up... go to www.goldfishinfo.com

2 comments:

Jill Branch said...

Oh you've got to be kidding. I guess my pesimitic comments earlier might be for not then huh? Great. You're too funny. This is going to be a long science experiment. Although maybe we should start documenting this. When is it that the kids usually do a science experiment at school? We could be ahead of the game.

Our Family said...

Don't they do science experiments towards the end of the school year? It would be something NO ONE else in their right mind would try don't you think? They could even do the same experiment every year until graduate school, with the SAME fish. I highly doubt it though. This competition may be short lived. Or sabotaged...