Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mama Me Oh My Oh!

Last night our Girlfriend Late Night Movie Group went to see Ma*Ma Mia. I had been to see the musical in Vegas with my Mom and LOVED it. I had heard that it was just as good as the theatre version. In my opinion....NOT! I felt bad that I had gotten everyone excited about the movie in the hopes that even if it were 1/2 as good it would be great. The music was louder than the singers. (Sarah said that's probably for a reason.) It made us all laugh hysterically. There were times in the movie when Pierce B. would sing and it was so painful to watch. When he'd be in the scene we'd say....Oh, No..Not again. He looked like he was in pain and he had too much Botox.

Meryl did a pretty good job, but the casting just seemed wrong. Mr. Darcy was not interested in women. It was hard to see him dancing with a man. We left the theatre disappointed. I sure hope the movie version of Wic*ked doesn't disappoint. If they ever make the movie version.

4 comments:

juli said...

I am still excited to see it. I haven't seen the theater version so I will have nothing to compare it to.
I have a hard time imagining Pierce Brosnan singing, though!

Jill Branch said...

My mom saw this and tells me I've got to take my friends to see it with me. I'll have to wait until school starts though. Only 10 days until the "Most Wonderful Day, of the year" . Yes that's right. The day they all go back to school. But really....who's counting? ME!!!!!! :)

Danielle said...

It was still fun to go for the popcorn though! I liked everyone but Pierce and Mr. Darcy. Next time we will go to a really good one!! Have a good day.

Felisa said...

FUN TIMES!!! Even if a movie turns out to be a DUD it's ALL about getting out with the girlfriends!!!
I love the pix of the good ole days on your last blog post. Those pix are so fun! I'm trying to figure out which of your kids looks the most like you. Love ya lots!