
OK, so after last night's fiasco with the whole key's locked in the car experience, I missed out on going with my girlfriends to the BReak*ing Daw*n book release party in our town. Everyone was supposed to dress up in wedding attire and there was going to be wedding cake. My girlfriends and I had decided that if they made us really do all that we were going to leave. Since Ricardo was out of town I didn't dare leave my kids alone at midnight so I graciously (backed out) of the girls night out. I've wanted to call them all day and see if they've finished the book. I SHOULD be working on my lesson for tomorrow and that is why I've resisted even asking them about it.
I love the series, I'm not obsessed like some of you are (who shall remain nameless), but I really would like to see what happens.
Fast forward to tonight. Valdemart. I just thought I'd casually check and see because if there was one right there, then it was meant to be. NO BOOKS LEFT...(Oh, good. I'll work on my lesson when I get home. )So I went to the back of the store to get milk we needed that costs almost as much as gas, and what do I find? A copy of THE book on top of the 12 packs of discount pop. I looked around to see if anyone had just left it there for a sec. Nope, there was just an asian lady speaking to her grandchild in her native language. There is no possible way she could have just set it down. So I picked it up. Bought it. Brought it home. It's calling to me from the other room. But I will resist. I must not give in. How would I explain my lack of preparedness tomorrow at Church. (BUT, it may get me out of having to substitute again?) No....I..... must....be...... strong......
Will I Be?
7 comments:
You are strong. I don't have it yet but all of my yw went to midnight release parties on Friday night and got copies. One had it with her at church today and was reading it.
On a side note...do you put * in your words for google purposes? There's a box you can cehck on your profile to not include your blog in search engines. Just wondering.
I haven't been bitten by the bug yet. So I'm not "getting" the frenzy. Both my boys love the books and are sure to remind me all the time that the author is LDS and I should buy them.
What did you do?? Curious minds want to know!
I do have the box checked to not be included in Google. But I'm not sure that really always works. I know that my ViCks post showed up for a long time.
oh it killed me to wait until after church to start reading but I knew I had to or there would have been no sharing time...once I start I can't put it down which is why I'm almost done, should I do the dishes or finish the book, not a really hard decision when take out is available!
I have a confession to make.
I read your post and then later saw Alisa reading the new book. I asked her if it was the new Bite Me book? (Your picture does say that!) She laughed at me - how lame am I??
You are lame!
I just finished it. I'm taking comments for discussion on my blog.
Don't blame you on the search engine thing.
Post a Comment