Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Wats In His Woom...

Why would you do this?
This is what we were afraid might happen!

Last night before the kids were tucked in at their usual time of 11pm during the Summer, the kids were reminded that their rooms look like pig stys and if they wanted to go on our vacation on Wednesday they'd better clean their rooms. Ricardo explained to them that bugs and rats were going to take over their rooms if it didn't get cleaned up. Which is actually true. Their rooms are bad. There is a horrible boy smell in each room. They were a little concerned when Ricardo mentioned rats....then Rico became VERY concerned. He was worried that rats would crawl on him while he was sleeping. (We never told him that by the way) We told him there was no way they could climb the slick surface of his bunk bed. But he was seriously terrified. He was cleaning his little heart out and his brother wouldn't help. The fear of rats did not phase them. No surprise. But poor little Rico...I went in 1/2 hour later to turn off the lights and he burst into tears and said he would stay up and clean. Uh oh! With the look of fear still on his face I suggested we pray to Heavenly Father and ask that the rats not come in the middle of the night and that he'd be protected. I did offer to have him sleep on our floor. After the prayer he came into our room to sleep. I held his hand for almost an hour. Everytime I tried to let go he'd hold on a little tighter. Poor thing. He was so afraid of "Wats". We've made quite the impression on him, he's in there right now cleaning. We didn't MEAN to be so convincing about the room rat invasion. I wish it would have phased the other two boys also. They need to be afraid...very afraid. We'll have to find something else to instill fear into their hearts. We are definately going to win the Parent of the Year award this year. Stay tuned to see many other examples of perfect parenting. Take notes. Nevermind, the evidence could be used against us.

2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Sweet / scary post LOL :)thanks for stopping by and letting me know about the mission that is so good to hear

Betsy said...

I loved/felt sad after reading that... I'm not a parent so part of me though- what ever works, all right!! But, I was also a scared child and slept many nights on my mom's floor... I think what surprised me the most was that he didn't want to sleep in a tall bed off the floor in one room, but woudl sleep on teh floor in another. ANyway, have a great day!!

BC