
I'm only sharing this in the hopes that you will ALL be inspired to post your most embarrassing moments on your own blogs too. I think it will be fun to share these experiences and laugh in spite of ourselves. This experience isn't necessarily my MOST embarrassing, but it definately is TODAY'S most embarrassing. (Have I said embarrassing enough?) Let me preface this by saying when I told my husband what had happened he told me he probably would have left me there to fend for myself if it wasn't so close to our anniversary. 15 YEAR anniversary by the way. Here it goes.....
This afternoon after purchasing a rather large beverage that I didn't want to leave in the car to melt, I took it with me into a store that CLEARLY states No Food or Beverages. I'm a grown up for heaven's sake. Would I spill? No, that's clearly for the less skilled in beverage non-spillment circles. As soon as we walked in my four year old needed to use the restroom. Murphy's Law. We found the manager who let us into the restroom with the only key. On our way out of the restroom I lost my grip on my soda and tried to catch it before it hit the floor only to miss it by just the slightest bit. It's however spilled all down my front and all over the floor. There was some still left in the cup...(not to go to waste.) I went up to the front, found the manager, explained what had happened, apologized for bringing a drink into the store and took him back to where my four year old was patiently waiting in order to deter any unfortunate soul from stumbling upon it. That would have caused even more trouble, and a possible lawsuit. But I digress.... I assured the manager it was DIET soda and I'd be happy to clean it up. He told me it was no problem and got out his trusty mop and bucket. I again apologized and returned to my shopping. A few aisles later I came upon another spill on the floor. This one was not done by me....no really I had nothing to do with it. (Flashback to Mr. Mom, when he goes to the store and his kids knock everything over and over the loud speaker you hear the store clerk calling for Erv to "Clean up" on whatever aisle Mr. Mom had just been on, except when she calls for Erv on one particular aisle Mr. Mom yells out "Erv, we were never ON aisle 7) I decided I had better alert management (again). He gave me a look I've given my children a million times. "Sure,"he said. So he headed back to a different aisle with his trusty mop and bucket once again. He must think I'm a crazy klutz I thought to myself. And my four year old thought that too. As I'm heading up to the front to pay I spill my drink again. This time only a tiny bit. The checkout girl saw me and quickly handed me paper towels and said I'd better hurry and get it cleaned up, and that the manager would be back any minute. I made her promise not to "tell" on me, and we laughed. I laughed out of frustration, she laughed because she'd seen me come up there twice already. I decided to toss my cup of soda as I checked out, and I asked the manager if I was banned from the store. He assured me I was welcome anytime, but he'd have his mop ready and to next time not get a big gulp, but a child's size drink.
This afternoon after purchasing a rather large beverage that I didn't want to leave in the car to melt, I took it with me into a store that CLEARLY states No Food or Beverages. I'm a grown up for heaven's sake. Would I spill? No, that's clearly for the less skilled in beverage non-spillment circles. As soon as we walked in my four year old needed to use the restroom. Murphy's Law. We found the manager who let us into the restroom with the only key. On our way out of the restroom I lost my grip on my soda and tried to catch it before it hit the floor only to miss it by just the slightest bit. It's however spilled all down my front and all over the floor. There was some still left in the cup...(not to go to waste.) I went up to the front, found the manager, explained what had happened, apologized for bringing a drink into the store and took him back to where my four year old was patiently waiting in order to deter any unfortunate soul from stumbling upon it. That would have caused even more trouble, and a possible lawsuit. But I digress.... I assured the manager it was DIET soda and I'd be happy to clean it up. He told me it was no problem and got out his trusty mop and bucket. I again apologized and returned to my shopping. A few aisles later I came upon another spill on the floor. This one was not done by me....no really I had nothing to do with it. (Flashback to Mr. Mom, when he goes to the store and his kids knock everything over and over the loud speaker you hear the store clerk calling for Erv to "Clean up" on whatever aisle Mr. Mom had just been on, except when she calls for Erv on one particular aisle Mr. Mom yells out "Erv, we were never ON aisle 7) I decided I had better alert management (again). He gave me a look I've given my children a million times. "Sure,"he said. So he headed back to a different aisle with his trusty mop and bucket once again. He must think I'm a crazy klutz I thought to myself. And my four year old thought that too. As I'm heading up to the front to pay I spill my drink again. This time only a tiny bit. The checkout girl saw me and quickly handed me paper towels and said I'd better hurry and get it cleaned up, and that the manager would be back any minute. I made her promise not to "tell" on me, and we laughed. I laughed out of frustration, she laughed because she'd seen me come up there twice already. I decided to toss my cup of soda as I checked out, and I asked the manager if I was banned from the store. He assured me I was welcome anytime, but he'd have his mop ready and to next time not get a big gulp, but a child's size drink.
4 comments:
So....was that a Coke or a Jack & Coke?
I'll never tell!
Yes, I'm with Amy - what was in that coke?
At least it was beverage and not pee from laughing so hard.
I love it when other people have mishaps - it makes me feel more normal!
We're not laughing "at" you but "with" you!
That was a funny story. I'm trying ot think of what store would allow 4-year-old, but no food or drink... anyway, my most embarrassing momeny - and I even hate to admit it, was when I asked a lady if her baby was downs. It didn't particularly look downs, but it's tongue kept bobbing like downs kids do. The whole moment was awful - that's all I can say!
Post a Comment