Saturday, August 02, 2008

Why I Should Sew Keys In My Bra...

What do these three things have in common?
A Wire Hanger...Yes, there was only one my sil could find in her entire home. What will we do when there are "No More Wire Hangers, Ever? This caused a flashback to a movie I remember from my teenage years. Scary!

MoMM*ie DEarest


Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah. So first a wire hanger, next duct tape.


And last but not least a hot dog roasting stick


These are the items my bil's needed to break into my car that had been sitting in the parking lot at Costco for the last 4 hours. They were up there at 11PM getting my car for me because I locked my keys inside. (You could see them on the front seat.) My sweet hubby was WAY OUT of town when this happened so I couldn't get a hold of him. I was rescued by my kind and generous family members in his absence.

What a night.

We got home at 2am.

I can't wait for the future humiliation I will be the recipient of because of my leaving keys in the car skills. I still haven't lived down thinking I saw a bear on the side of road that turned out to be a big black cow. Long story. Don't ask.




3 comments:

Jill Branch said...

Too funny....well maybe for us...not so much for you. Reminds me of another night....long ago in Tucson as we watched your car float down the road. We all thought that was funny too, until we realized that the water in the car was just as high as outside the car.

juli said...

I remember that awful movie. She was so horrible!
I have only locked my keys in the car once and now I am OCD about checking for my keys.
Met your UPS man on the ambulance yesterday. He said I could tell you. His kid got into Grandpa's meds while they were camping on Boulder and just to be sure, we took him to the hospital. I heard everything was fine and he was sent home soon after.
Small, small world!

The Sorensens said...

We were there when you spotted the "bear" and since that time we have been seeing "bears" regularly. We have even seen "bears" out in fields all together eating grass! There are even "bears" here in Texas.