Saturday, December 13, 2008

1. wrapping paper or gift bags? Both- I'm usually in such a hurry I don't worry too much about the wrapping. I figure it's better than a Wal-Mart bag.
2. real tree or artificial? Artificial! I love the prelit trees. The lights are all uniform.
3. when do you put up your tree? A week or so after Thanksgiving.
4. when do you take it down? Either New Years Day or before Valentine's Day.
5. do you like eggnog? Yuck!
6. favorite gift received as a child? ALL gifts received when I was a child. Santa always delivered!
7. worst Christmas gift ever received? I remember as a teenager, getting a hand held asteriod game one Christmas. I didn't like it at all. My Mom told me they got if for me because I didn't ever tell them what I wanted. HELLO! CASH!
8. hardest person to buy for? My husband. He has a December birthday. Nuf said.
9. easiest person to buy for? Myself. I KNOW I'll like it, if I bought it!
10. do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a little people one for the kids and a water globe nativity that we found at Costco a few years ago that I just love. It's totally self contained. You can't loose the pieces, unless you drop and break it. Then you are in BIG trouble.
11. mail or email Christmas cards? Both, but not every year and they are usually New Year's Letters. I'm a procrastinator.
12. favorite Christmas movie? I love all the oldies, but they are goodies. I always try to watch Christmas Carol at least once and doesn't matter which version it is.
13. when do you start Christmas shopping? The day after Christmas.
14. have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. All the time.
15. favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge.
16. lights on the tree? yes- does anyone still use candles? Not smart!
17. favorite Christmas song? I LOVE the month of December. We get to sing all of the carols at Church every Sunday. I don't really have a favorite. Every song brings back wonderful memories.
18. travel or stay home? It depends on plane ticket prices. We flew back to Texas a few years ago for $200 a piece round trip. We'll probably never see that price again. I really don't want to drive. 22 hours in the car with 4 children. Not fun.
19. can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen, and the most famous reindeer of all....Rudolph
20. angel or star? Angel, it was a gift from my mother in law.
21. open presents Christmas morning or eve? When I was growing up we got to choose one gift on Christmas Eve. Now, unless it's PJ's we open everything Christmas morning.
22. favorite ornament theme or color? Every year since I was little my grandparents gave us each an ornament every year until we were 18 or so. Now my parents continued the tradition with our children. This year I received ornaments that were made from my Great Grandmother's quilt. They are hearts, with a blanket stitch. I LOVE them.
23. favorite place for Christmas dinner? Anywhere I don't have to fix it!
24. most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude store workers. Everyone should be required to work during the holidays. Then no one would be mean or rude.
25. what do you want for Christmas this year? Entertainment center furniture for our family room. See #9! :-)

2 comments:

Bray said...

I am also a December birthday and my poor husband hates it!!!

Betsy said...

You are SO funny! The two items that didn't surprise me one bit - 1.. that of course you regift :) and that you start shopping the day after Christmas. However, earlier you said you are a procrastinator - starting to shop the day after christmas does not make me think procrastinate!! Are you dying from baking rolls yet? :) UDABEST!!