Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"Get A Load Of This"


This is when we first got to the Hotel.
We found this at South Towne Mall...Ain't It The Truth?
This past weekend my cousins and I had our annual Girls Weekend in honor of our Aunt Janine who passed away last year. We each take our daughters and no boys are allowed. This is our second annual girl fest. A weekend of everything GIRL. We know Janine would love it because she was always so fun to go shopping with and out to eat with. Any excuse to have fun and Janine was there, ready to go. If she still lived up there she would be there with us for all of the "action". Let me explain the title of this blog....this year was Grace's first year on girls weekend. She was so excited to come with us and she LOVED every minute and was really good. She kept coming up with the funniest things. By the end of the weekend we had heard many of Grace's "isms". "Get a load of this" was one of them...she said this to the waiter at Applebee's as she showed off her Jasmine Cat Build A Bear. It was the perfect explanation for the fun time we were having. When we were eating at another restaurant she asked her Mom for a "strait thing with a head on it". What the heck? Luckily her Mom put two and two together and figured out she meant a "Dollar". The girls were playing video games and Grace had seen the picture of a dollar where you put your money for the game. Moms can translate almost any cryptic language. I was impressed.This trip was also a great way to get time away before the boys go on their annual four wheelin', rock crawlin' trip this week.

We'll use ANY excuse to get away for a few days and SHOP, EAT and PLAY.

Da Bears....
I thought the sticker on this package was hilarious...
This Is Daisy...

We got to Salt Lake on Friday afternoon and then headed out to Build A Bear. For those of you who have never heard of it.....stay away. "A" talks about it all the time and I'm so glad we only do this once a year or it would break the bank. But the girls LOVED it and it was so cute to watch them play non-stop with them all weekend. So enjoy these pictures of our non stop, full of fun weekend. Can't wait til next year...We'll start saving now....

Gotta Wear Shades...
We saw this darling Disney movie in 3D. It had a great message..no swearing and no innuendos.

Can you see them?....

We found a GREAT sale and were able to find matching outfits for the girls. They looked so cute all dressed alike and it was much easier keeping track of them.

They went swimming too....

We wore the girls out...

Great fun was had by all and we wouldn't change a thing...well maybe the hotel. It was surrounded by Bars, not jail type bars, but of the drinking variety. It was clean and the room was huge, but next year I think we'll stay somewhere else.

2 comments:

Felisa said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!!! Dang, everyone is having girls weekends out! I say I'd better get on the bandwagon and attend one myself.
I LOOOVE the camo clothes, those are SOOO CUTE!!!

I'm glad you had your technician fix the ole commenting feature so that your faithful, diehard fans could leave you a message.

I'm bettin that there are LOTS of ppl who look at this blog, now how many of you DARE to leave a comment? huh?!?!?

Love Ya Rabbits Full!!!

Felisa said...

P.S. I just noticed your new look today. I LIKE IT!!! Very springish, and clean. All these gals doing blog re-decorating is getting me in the spirit to re-do my own.