With our oldest being 12 1/2 we have wondered recently when the magic spell of Santa will be broken. The kids have been told many times by many different friends that Santa is not real. When they ask us if it's true or not, we just tell them.... As long as you believe in Santa you'll get presents from Santa. If you don't, you won't. Apparently that is enough for them to keep believing.
On the way to YW Tuesday three of the girls who are Beehives were talking about Christmas. They all decided that their friends must be crazy to think that Santa doesn't exist. Those three still believe in the magic and I'm surprised they don't seem to care if their friends know they still believe in Santa. The Mia Maid in our car just chuckled as we walked into the Church. I couldn't help but think of the "Let Them Be Little" song.
I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon
So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little
I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Every night while we're on our knees all I ask is please
Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little
So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around
It's time to let them go
So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little
Let them be little
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think I told you that I've dreaded the day that Kyle figures out that Santa isn't real. Well it happened this past week. He asked me point blank in the middle of church no less. My heart sank and my worrying mother mode kicked in. I've been surprised how well he's done with it. I was sure that the first thing he'd do is tell Nathan and Kayla and ruin it for them. But so far so good. I think he's more enjoying being on the "inside" of the information than getting to tell them. I hope it keeps up.
We are all 100% about Santa in our house!!
dang you! Makin' a grown up girl cry! I was just cussin' out my husband for letting my baby bang on the my computer keyboard because now everything is streched sideways and looks funky. Well I guess I'll enjoy it & just, "Let them be little..."
p.s.
I need your e-mail so's I can invite you into my blog :)
That song is so cute. Who does it?
I also do the "If you believe, you receive concept." We all have to believe!
Post a Comment