Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Can Cross 2 Things Off My List...Only 100 More To Go!

X's 27
We are going out of town this weekend to see my parents who are visiting my Brother and his family. In fact they have been watching my nieces and nephew while my Brother and Sister in Law are in Hawaii for a week. So needless to say I have a TON to get done before we leave on Friday. First on my list....LAUNDRY. I hate doing laundry. We have a bed wetter in our home and the laundry load from just that is Horrendous! But with four children and a husband my laundry load is HUGE! I decided I was going to go to the laundry mat and get it all done at once. My sweet, dear friend S told me she'd be happy to take jeans because her front loader can do 17 pairs a load. I took her three garbage bags full. It is taking 4 loads. I'm embarrassed! Then I did 3 loads at home. Guess how many I did at the laundrymat? 20! Yes, that's right. 20 loads. It cost $35 to wash and dry that many clothes. I was so grateful that I was the only one there. I used almost all of the washers in the place. The lady that was the manager asked me how many kids I had, I should have lied!


And then on the way home there wasn't anyone in the city office parking lot. There is early voting this week, so I stopped and VOTED! It's official. I am so glad that I stopped when I did. No waiting. I was in and out in 5 minutes. So GO NOW and make your vote count!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

So the only ? I have is how often do you do laundry? It was so nice of her to help you she really is a good friend!

Our Family said...

I think it's been about a month or so. I"m not sure. We obviously have too many clothes. The kids only started complaining about not having underwear yesterday. I could always find some clean pairs for them. Now is the time to DI!

Betsy said...

I loved hearing that laundry story last night... heehe... I wish you would have called when you were here, you could have zipped up to my office and said hello to me when you finished voting! Anyway- have fun in VEGAS, baby!! :)

Our Family said...

I voted in Enoch at our city offices, or I would have come to see you. Are you still registered in town?

Jill Branch said...

I'm just speachless. The laundry thing reminds me of a time long ago in an apartment in Tucson. Ring any bells. Trust me, it's just easier to stay on top of the laundry pile. My kidos barely have enough to get them through a week....that is if they live right. So I HAVE to do laundry at least 2 x a week. I think I'll kep it this way.

sorensen formula said...

I loved this story! I was actually thinking about doing the same thing so I could have it done at once. (also because my dryer is struggling in it's duties) AAAHHH the glamorous lives we lead!

Chris and Bruce said...

Your laundry story brings back many memories, some very similiar to yours. Jerry finally taught the kids start doing their own and instituted the rule that it was their responsibility at age 12! It was hard on the washer and dryer, but certainly did simplify things for me .... especially when one of the girls wanted to wear her favorite blouse 2 to 3 times at week! And it spared them the usual college "pink underwear" mishap!