Friday, October 24, 2008

Unbecoming Behavior

Last night as I was tossing papers out of Potato's backpack I came across a gem. Every week a list tracking his behavior for the past week is sent home. I had never seen anything but perfect 5's (the best on a scale of 1 to 5) until yesterday. On his behavior report for last week he only received a 4 on Thursday. The reason? His teacher wrote..."Because of teasing boys about being a princess". What? We asked him what made him ever think of saying that to someone else. His response...."It wasn't me, it was the other boys in my class that were saying it!" Now we need to have a FHE lesson on not calling each other names...especially Princess.

2 comments:

Jill Branch said...

Make sure though that he understands there will be a time and a place where he can call someone princess......when he gets married. His future wife will loved to be called his princess. So don't douse the fire on that one completely, just redirect it for a few more years.

Betsy said...

When I saw the cute picture and title I wondered if I was going to be reading about young womens?!? :) heehe