Friday, August 25, 2006

How The Other Half Lives...

I thought this was funny...It doesn't really go with my blog today, but I couldn't resist.
One of the pictures on the wall.

O.K. I'm not jealous, because in NO WAY would I ever want her mortgage payment....but there is something about walking through a Parade of Home, home that makes you want to redecorate and upgrade.

This is the kitchen table.

Last night my dearest friend Sherrie took us through her new home. It is being featured in the Parade of Homes this year for Labor Day weekend. This process started about 9 months ago and I've lived through the joys and sorrows of building your own home with her daily. Lots of tears later it's finally done.
Now I'll get my friend back.
This is their daughter Kelsie's room
The interior decorator has her own store and used many of the items in Sherrie's home. She used $25,000 worth of furniture and decorations. I
love her style and would love to have her come to my house. So I took over
100 pictures of the decorations so if I find any at DI...hehe I'll remember
where she put everything and try to copy the look she created.
So enjoy these pictures. And appreciate your own mortgage
payment. I definately wouldn't want Sherrie's
for the next 30 years.

Kenady's Room

1 comment:

Felisa said...

HOW DANG FUN!!! I would LOOOVE to see some more of the photos you took. Especially of the livingroom, and kids rooms. (I am needing some fresh ideas)

I agree with you about the mortgage payment. Plus it's always good rationale for those of us who don't want to afford a pricey home, to use. ;) The other one I like to tell myself, is "WHY would I pay top $$$ for a home that my kids are juuuust gonna thrash anyway?" I'm just holding out for that mansion, after I get my promotion and move on. But those beautiful houses are fun to look at either way aren't they?

Love Ya Lots!!!

P.S. I'm GLAD you got your friend back. Life is lonely without um.