I'll explain. It doesn't matter what day or time it is. We can never make it through bathtime without a fight. We usually have an inch of water on the floor and a screaming mother by the time the kids are ready to get out of the tub. (That is usually 3 or 4 minutes after they get in.) I should have taken pictures of the aftermath. But bath pictures are always fun, unless your mother gets out the album when your first date comes to pick you up. This shows a typical Summer morning at our house when we don't have swimming lessons.
Look at this sweet face. How could he ever cause any trouble? A few minutes after this was taken the fighting began.

Here is the culprit. I guess Derick will always be the baby brother and the one who receives the brunt of everything. Caden loves the tub and loves to lay down and take up all of the space in the tub. I think I know who starts the daily fights.

Brenner....sleeping in on a Summer morning. These lazy days are going to be over in a few days. 10 to be exact. On August 17th the kids go back to schoool. You would think that I'd be jumping for joy. Not this year.....The new school that they PROMISED would be finished when school starts is of course...not ready. So the powers that be have decided the children will be "sharing" the elementary school for a "few weeks" (yeah right) Our neighbors and I are betting that they won't have the new school finished until October. So here is the plan. My children will START school at 7 am and go until 11:30 am everyday. The other group of kids will go from Noon to 5. YUCK! That means getting my children up at 6am and out the door by 6:45am. It's hard enough to get them out the door by 8:45am. O.K. I'm done complaining. I need to make the best of it. I know.
1 comment:
Wen, You are SO good at describing scenarios. It's so fun to read your blogs. I cannot believe how big Derick is. He's so tall, at least he looks that way in the photos. They're all growing up.
YOU POOR GIRL!!! I do NOT envy that school schedule a bit! I hope they get your new school done sooner than later. Where are they building it at? Hopefully within busing distance so you don't have to be the shuttle, huh? Give all the kids hugs for us!
Love Ya Lots!
Post a Comment