Saturday, August 05, 2006

Last Day of Swimming Lessons..YIPPEEE for Me!


After 8 weeks of Swimming Lessons we are finally done. All the hours of sitting on hard bleachers are over. My back can now recouperate from the lack of back support. Here are the stats for the kids progress in swimming this year. Aliselyn went from Level 2 and will start in Level 5 next Summer. Brenner started in Level 2 and will start again in Level 3. Caden....after three tries (six weeks) in Level 1 finally moved up to Level 2 for the last session. He is a little fish. He loves to jump off the side and when we went swimming the other night he would stand on the side, bend over and use his hand to "chop" his leg, saying "Chop Chop Chop" then stand up and jump in yelling "Timber". It was hilarious.

This is Caden jumping off the diving board to his teacher Kelsey. She was so cute with him. After he jumped he asked if I got the picture.When I said yes, he said "Good, I'm not doing it again."

When Derick wasn't at Grandma's during swimming lessons he came with us. What a stinker. He caused trouble every minute. He was scolded several times by the lifeguards for getting too close to the water. I was right there and would have jumped in. I guess after four children I'm not quite as nervous as I used to be.

This is Aliselyn jumping off the high dive. She was nervous at first, but at the end of all the lessons she would jump off over and over. It's hard to take action shots, but most of the pictures I took of her she has her nose plugged.

1 comment:

Felisa said...

Wow, it looks like you're raising some serious swimmers! Our poor kids havn't had any swimming lessons yet. Maybe next Summer. The kids were amazed to see the pix of their cousins going off the diving boards...Especially Aliselyn on the high dive.
Thanks for the fun blog!

Love Ya!!!